The “How To Trim Your Beard” Guide
Are you looking for some ideas of how to trim a beard? You’ve come to the right place. Here you will find some tips and suggestions to trim your beard properly and have a fresh, neat, manly look.
First of all we should know an interesting fact about beards. “Over the course of history, men with facial hair have been ascribed various attributes such as wisdom, sexual virility, masculinity, or a higher status; although beards also go hand in hand with a lack of general cleanliness and a loss of refinement.” (Wikipedia)
Psychologically a nice looking beard provides the person not only a manly, fine style, but also generates respect and admiration from others.
About the trimming
To trim your beard yourself, you’ll need some easy-to-find tools. You have two options to trim you beard properly: To use scissors and a comb or to use an electric beard trimmer. If you choose the first option, you’ll need preferably professional barber’s scissors and a regular hair comb. For better results you may also want to use a razor. In any case you’ll need a mirror (big enough so you can see all your head and shoulders).
With scissors and comb
- Comb down through all the bearded area of your face. Do this for a while until all of it seems to be untangled in the same direction.
- Comb up through all the bearded area of your face, in the opposite direction you were combing previously to make your facial hair as fuzzy as possible
- Place the comb amongst your beard and cut the hair on the outside of the comb teeth. Experts on beard trimming suggest to start trimming near the ear down to the chin; first one side, then the other. Just to prevent asymmetry while you trim your beard.
- Cut off the edges of your beard to define the trimming. If you use a razor, this will sharpen the outlines making it look much better. You may also want to take notice about stray hairs that may have been left behind, just in case so your trimming can be as good as you want it to be.
- Finally you just need to comb down your beard again and done!!
With beard trimmer
- Repeat the first two steps
- Set your electric trimmer to the grade you want it to trim your beard. The grades refer to the length of the hair in millimeters. (grade 1 = 1-3 hair millimeters less, grade 2 = 2-6 hair millimeters less) However you may want to read the instructions of your trimmer on it’s package. If you are not sure of how short you want your beard to be you should set the grade to cut the least amount of hair. Then you can go on decreasing the grade until you are happy with the results.
- Repeat the last two steps
IMPORTANT: Your beard MUST BE DRY. This is because wet hair is longer. If you trim it while being wet, your beard may be shorter than you expected once it dries.
EXTRA TIPS FOR BETTER RESULTS
- Be aware of the beard line: Beard-trimming knowers suggest you define your beard line just above the Adam’s apple, so you don’t look “too hairy”, leave a bit of your neck clean, and yet have a respectable manly beard.
- Wash your beard regularly. You may want to use a mild shampoo instead of a regular one, as it may be harmless for your facial skin. Use a conditioner to make your beard feel softer.
- Spread a gentle amount of shave oil into the beard after you finish trimming so it looks healthy.
The following video explains in a very easy way the basics of beard trimming:
I really hope this article helped you with your beard trimming. Remember it is always useful to know how to trim a beard! As we know our face is our first presentation card in every aspect of our life. Soon we’ll be posting more information, some curious and historical facts and whatever we find cool to share about beards!
Trim your beard!! Unless you want to look like this!! XD
All rights reserved. How To Trim a Beard in WordPress